Magnesium Taurate, also known as Magnesium Taurinate, is a composition and reaction of magnesium oxide and taurine. Magnesium is an essential macro-mineral for humans, whereas taurine is an amino acid that is important for both the brain and body. When Magnesium and Taurine are combined to make Magnesium Taurate, the benefits include enhancing cognitive function and protecting against cardiovascular disease, migraines and depression.
Chemical Formula: C4H12MgN2O6S2
What are the Benefits of Magnesium Taurate?
- Cardiovascular Health: Magnesium supplementation can help lower blood pressure and protect against irregular heartbeats. Taurine, which is a nootropic compound, helps the heart pump blood throughout the body. When combined, Magnesium Taurate may help improve cardiovascular health.
- Prevention of Migraines: Individuals who usually suffer from migraines typically have decreased levels of Magnesium in their bodies. In clinical settings, studies have shown that Magnesium Taurate demonstrated the ability to help decrease the risk of depression, neurodegenerative disorders and migraines.
- Overall Cognitive Function and Memory: Magnesium Taurate may help improve overall cognitive function and memory. Taurine acts similarly to GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), which is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between nerve cells in the brain, and has a similar structure as GABA. Thus, taurine has been shown to help induce calmness during times of high stress or anxiety. Lastly, Taurine can help slow mental decline by increasing BDNF (brain derived neurotrophic factor), which essentially stimulates the growth of new brain cells located in the hippocampus.
- May Improve Insulin Sensitivity: Both Magnesium and Taurate may improve insulin sensitivity, as well as minimize the risk for micro and macrovascular complications of diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is typically associated with deficient levels of Magnesium. Intracellular Mg plays a key role in insulin regulation, phosphorylation of the insulin receptor kinase, and in insulin-mediated cellular glucose uptake. Thus, Magnesium may enhance insulin resistance in various individuals.
- Lower Risk for PMS: PMS, also known as premenstrual syndrome, is a common disorder among young women. Studies have shown that Magnesium may help with symptoms including: depression, menstrual pain, irritability, and bloating.
Novotech Nutraceuticals' Magnesium Taurate 8% Powder
Magnesium is the 4th most abundant mineral in the body and is involved in hundreds of cellular reactions such as regulation of heart contractions and transmission of signals between the body and brain.
Research has shown that 68% of humans don't receive enough Magnesium in their diet. Low levels of Magnesium can lead to depression, fatigue, muscle weakness, and even high blood pressure.
Foods such as pumpkin seeds, spinach, black beans, flaxseed, tofu, salmon, and avocado contain high levels of magnesium ; however, if diet alone is not enough to meet the daily magnesium requirements, dietary supplements such as tablets and capsules should be taken.
Why Use Novotech Nutraceuticals' Magnesium Taurate?
Novotech Nutraceuticals' Magnesium Taurate 8% powder is fully reacted, soluble, and can easily be used in a variety of applications including: tablets, capsules, soft gels, beverages, powder mixes and more!
Developed from cutting edge research and manufactured at our facility in Ventura, CA, Novotech Nutraceuticals' Magnesium Taurate powder will bring about a vast number of health benefits.
Not only is Magnesium Taurate well tolerated by the body, but it also has high bioavailability, absorption, and retention. Bioavailability is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a mineral because without bioavailability, the mineral will simply be excreted from the body and not get utilized.
Absolutely no fillers, carriers, or excipients are used during the manufacturing process.
Using Novotech Nutraceuticals' Magnesium Taurate powder is the safest way of knowing that you are getting the purest mineral that is effective and reliable for delivering the correct mineral content and nutritional value.
- Cloe, Adam. Benefits of Magnesium Taurate. https://www.livestrong.com/article/165484-benefits-of-magnesium-taurate/
- Alban, Deane. Benefits of Taurine: More than a Performance Booster. https://bebrainfit.com/taurine-benefits/
- Mercola. Benefits of Magnesium is Far Greater than Previously Imagined. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/17/magnesium-benefits.aspx
- McCarty. Complementary Vascular-Protective Actions of Magnesium and Taurine: A Rationale for Magnesium Taurate. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8692051
- Barbagallo, Mario. Magnesium and Type 2 Diabetes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4549665/
- Raman, Ryan. What does Magnesium do for your Body. Complementary Vascular-Protective Actions of Magnesium and Taurine: A Rationale for Magnesium Taurate. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-does-magnesium-do
- Amerman, Don. Benefits of Taking Magnesium Taurate. https://getfit.jillianmichaels.com/benefits-taking-magnesium-taurate-1547.html